I don’t know about you but when I book my holidays I can sometimes get bogged down by all the choice that I have when it comes to airlines, hotels, airports, parking and all the other bits and pieces that you have to consider when you book your fortnight way in the sun.
This is why Holiday Extras Customer Awards are such a great idea. They are run by the popular online travel company Holiday Extras. Their website offers a great place for travellers to find the best deals and the best companies who will offer all of those little necessary extras that are very important to your holiday, like airport parking and airport hotels.
For the last three years though Holiday Extras have been going that one extra step and have been allowing the users of their website to choose who they think are the best companies right now in the travel industry.
The winners are voted for by the customers of Holiday Extras and this is a great way to allow the public a platform to let others know who are the top performing companies in the industry at the moment.
Here are the top picks for 2011 as voted for by the customers of Holiday Extras:
- Best Airline: Emirates
- Best Airline Cabin Crew: Emirates
- Best Airline for Value for Money : easyJet
- Best Airport: Belfast International
- Best Airport Car Park: Edinburgh Park and Fly
- Best Airport Hotel: Gatwick Sofitel
- Best Airport Hotel Restaurant: Manchester Premier Inn
- Best Airport Lounge: Edinburgh Servisair
- Best Airport Hotel for families: Manchester Premier Inn
- Best Airline for Travelling with Babies: Virgin Atlantic
- Best Airline for Travellers with a Disability: Virgin Atlantic
- Most Inspirational Travel Film: Shirley Valentine
- Best Travel Guide Publisher: Lonely Planet
Two more categories were added this year and they were the categories for the most inspirational travel film (which was won by Shirley Valentine) and the best travel guide publisher (which was won by the Lonely Planet Travel Guides).
This year’s awards were held in London on September 15th, The awards were hosted by the well-known travel writer and radio presenter Simon Calder and the fact that he lent his name to the awards this year just goes to show just how important they are becoming in the travel industry.
Next year’s awards are already being planned and Holiday Extras have announced that they plan on adding even more categories to the awards and will be inviting more people to vote. This year over 66,000 people voted which was triple the amount of people who voted for last year’s wards – which just proves how these wards are gathering momentum